Mojavewifi Wireless Internet Services
First, call (760) 362-1373 and speak to one of our friendly staff to see if your home qualifies. Our staff will locate your home on our mapping system, and perform some calculations to determine if there is a possible “line of sight” between your location and our towers. If it appears that we may have a line of sight to our local tower(s), we will schedule an appointment for our Installation Technician to come to your location to verify the signal quality. Once signal is verified, we will then install the necessary equipment to bring internet access to your location. At the time of installation, our Technician will install a small radio antenna to the eave of your home, and then install an Ethernet cable into your home to plug into your computer, or home network router etc.
Yes. We require that the person who will be the owner of the account to be present for the entire installation. The Technician provides our Terms of Service to the account owner, and the document needs to be signed by the account owner at the time of installation. Our Technician will not be able to do an On-Site Evaluation or installation at a location where no one is present, and we cannot, under any circumstances, do an installation without an adult present. If the Technician arrives and no one is home, or if only a minor is present, we must reschedule the appointment and claim the $29 Fee as a “No Show”.
We install a small round dish (smaller than most TV dishes) onto the eave of your home, which is mounted on a small metal pole mount. Exposed wooden eaves are extremely helpful to mount the equipment on to. We are not able to mount our equipment on to pre-existing mounts or poles, as we cannot guarantee the integrity of any equipment but our own.
- New Surge Protector – We recommend that you purchase a NEW Surge Protector of at least 2,000 joules or higher for the radio equipment to plug into. We offer a free 6-month warranty on our equipment, but the equipment must be plugged into a new 2,000+ joules surge protector at the time of installation for warranty to apply. A copy of the purchase receipt is required to validate the warranty at the time of installation.
- Wireless Router – If you plan to use just one wired device, such as a PC or a laptop, then we will simply connect an Ethernet cable directly into your computer, in which case you won’t need a router. However, if you plan to use more than one device, or if you want to use any of your devices wirelessly (WiFi), then you need to provide your own wireless router. Please note that Mojavewifi.com does not provide routers. Ask a staff member for the brands and types of routers we recommend. Our installation comes with a free router hook-up – which includes connecting one wired and/or one wireless device at the time of installation. Set up of anything beyond two devices requires a Professional Router and Home Network Set up service, which is provided for a separate fee. The installation technician may or may not be available to complete a Professional Router and Home Network set up at the same time as the installation.
*Routers and surge protectors can be purchased from your local computer store (such as Home Depot in Yucca Valley and Computor Zone in Yucca Valley), Wal-Mart etc.
- An operating Computer – Please have a working computer available for the Technician to plug an Ethernet cable into at the time of installation.
- Other Items:
• Please put your dogs away.
• Please make sure to open any necessary gates.
• Please communicate with our Installation Technician, if you have any requests or questions feel free to ask. Our Installation Technicians are very friendly and helpful and will do their best to accommodate your needs and requests when possible.
On-Site Evaluation/Non-Cancellation Fee – We ask for a $29 On-Site Evaluation / Non-Cancellation Fee for the technician to come to your location. This fee is requested at the time the Technicians appointment is made. If the appointment is kept, and an installation can be completed successfully, that $29 is instantly credited towards your total installation cost, so you’re not paying for the same service twice. If for any reason – including missing the appointment, or the confirmation of useable signal fails, the $29 goes towards the Technicians labor to come to your home and provide a definite answer about availability of Mojavewifi.com’s service. (This fee may be credited towards a future installation, if it becomes possible.)
Other times when this fee would not be credited back include less than 24 hour notice given for a cancellation, and for ‘No Show’ appointments when an appointment has been made for a technician to come out and no one is on site at the time of the appointment.
Installation Fees – Our installation is a one time, non-refundable fee of $149.00. The installation fee includes an Installation Technician coming to your home to install a small wireless radio antenna on the eave of your home, and running our specialized ethernet cable into your home to connect to your computer directly or into your own router. The installation includes connecting internet to one wired device as well as a free router hook-up for one wireless device. Set up of anything beyond two devices requires a Professional Router and Home Network Set up service, which is provided for a separate fee of $120.00 per hour, for an unlimited amount of devices. The installation technician may or may not be available to complete a Professional Router and Home Network set up at the same time as the installation, therefore a separate appointment may need to be scheduled for this additional service. If you would like to add the Professional Router and Home Network set up to your installation, please let our Staff know in advance so extra time can be scheduled.
Equipment – We lease to customers brand new, State-of-the Art outdoor wireless antennas. We ask that the equipment be leased at the time of installation. To provide best possible service, different models of antenna may be installed depending on the distance to our tower and local signal quality, which is determined by our technicians at the time of installation. The antenna lease prices are from $118 up to $225.plus Sales Tax.
We offer a free 6-month warranty on the equipment, provided that you plug it directly into a NEW Surge Protector of at least 2,000 joules or higher at the time of installation, and provide a copy of the purchase receipt. The reason for this is that power surges are very frequent out here in the desert, and our equipment is very sensitive. Also, surge protectors lose their potency after just a few power surges, so there is no way of telling how strong a surge protector may be unless it is new.
We ask for a $29 On-Site Evaluation Fee upfront for the technician to come to your location. If an installation can be completed successfully, that $29 is instantly credited towards your installation cost, so you’re not paying for the same service twice. If for any reason the installation cannot be completed, the $29 goes towards the Technicians labor to come to your home and provide a definite answer about availability of Mojavewifi.coms’ service. This fee may be credited towards a future installation, if it becomes possible.
At the time of installation, the Technician can accept the following types of payment:
- Cash (Technician carries no change, any over-payment will be applied as a credit on your account)
- Personal or Business Check (A $25 Returned Check Fee applies on all returned checks)
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
A receipt will be provided to you at the time of installation, and an itemized receipt will be emailed to you after your installation.
Still have questions?
Call our office at (760) 362-1373. Our office hours are Monday through Saturday from 9am to 4pm. Or, submit an online request, and one of our friendly staff will get back to you during normal business hours.
Mojavewifi.coms’ network goes where DSL Cable and other wireless providers cannot! Mojavewifi.com internet service areas include, but are not limited to the rural desert communities listed below.
NOTE: Services and packages are subject to service availability. Not all packages available in all areas.
- Copper Mountain Mesa
- Desert Heights
- Flamingo Heights
- Gamma Gulch
- Indian Cove
- Johnson Valley
- Joshua Tree
- Joshua Tree Highlands
- Monument Manor
- Morongo Valley
- Pipes Canyon
- Twentynine Palms
- Wonder Valley
- Yucca Mesa
- Yucca Valley